Monday, November 12, 2007

Swearin...

carmen blogs...

I just suddenly thought about this last night before sleeping. Funny isn't it. I guess it's because before that I read a friend's blog and I never thought that friend was capable of swearing that much. No names so that friend will have privacy.

Anyway, I'm definitely not a fan of swearing at all. We do say stupid, dumb or "gundu" when we scold each other. But we replace really offensive and vulgar words with polite words. Like for me instead of 's***', I say 'shoot'. I know 's***' is just waste from the body but I don't like saying it. Once in school my teacher heard one of my classmates curse and say it, then my teacher said it's in the toilet. LOL. Instead of 'hell', I will probably say 'heck'. Instead of d***, I say 'darn' (which must be polite and okay because I heard it said on a children's show). I say stinks instead of su***.

But the best has got to be Alicia's version. Instead of 'f word', she says flower. So when she is not at all happy with something she says "What the flower!". Hahaha... Funny la...

Looks like all these also has a name. It's called 'minced oath' as I found out on Wikipedia. Find out more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minced_oath .


No comments: