Saturday, November 3, 2007

Another day...

Carmen blogging...

I guess I can say that today wasn't as mundane as the other days. We had a seminar called ' Discover Your Spiritual Gifts'. Capts Ian and Isobel lead the seminar. Capt Isobel is so funny. She's the more outgoing one of the two of them. Well, we did the inventory and my top 3 spiritual gifts are music (vocal), music (instrumental) and joint third giving and teaching.I guess I wasn't surprise at the results 'cause I'm already involve. Like leading praise and worship, playing the keyboard for praise and worship ( i played last week... I'm so happy...), playing in the brass band, giving for the helping hand project and faith giving appeal, leading the youth group (which is called SAY Fired Up! our new name...so cool...) and helping in Sunday School.


I just want to thank God for blessing me with so many spiritual gifts and I want to thank Him for not taking one of my gifts away.

Here's the story on why I said this. I was going for piano lessons since I was 10. When I finished my o-levels or spm, the keyboardist in my corps kept on asking me to play for worship. I kept on giving excuses and focus on leading worship and singing backup. I knew that God could take away my gift if I didn't want to use it. He would give it to someone else who appreciated the gift and used it to glorify God. I only started practising recently 'cause my corps' keyboardist would not be able to available every Sunday. I played last week and I liked it a lot. Though it was kinda saddening that I needed that kind of push to use my gift to glorify God, I thank Him for the opportunity. I thank Him for giving me lots of time to develop my gift and not taking it away. Praise the Lord! Now I look forward to playing more often in my corps.

No comments: